Senior Mobile Application Developer
Decentralized Identity and Verifiable Credentials represent a Paradigm Shift in how identities are managed and presented by the end user. This exciting new area will provide an opportunity for forward-thinking IT Security professionals to be at the forefront of a technology which will revolutionize how identities are managed in the coming years.
At AffinitiQuest.io, our Mission is to develop leading-edge software that empowers our clients to rapidly leverage the security and privacy benefits of Decentralized Identity and Verifiable Credentials to simplify business processes and encourage end-users to take control of the management and presentation of their own Identity information.
An Ottawa based, Canadian SaaS company, Affinitiquest.io is looking to hire an experienced Mobile Developer to help us keep growing. You will take an active role on both design and implementation to define how the application looks as well as how it works.
The ideal candidates are seeking full-time employment opportunities with a growing and dynamic organization. They will be ambitious and career-oriented.
Who you are:
- Curious about how things work and always looking for ways to make things better
- Take a collaborative approach to solving problems
- Care about the success of the team
- Your passion and enthusiasm form the underpinning of everything you do
- The need to learn and grow your skills is part of your DNA
- Not afraid to express your opinion
- Would love to work with a team who has already built three successful companies
What you will do:
- Identify and plan for new features
- Develop application programming interfaces (APIs) to support mobile functionality
- Suggest and implement new mobile products, applications, and protocols
- Remain up to date with the terminology, concepts, and best practices for coding mobile apps
- Work closely with colleagues to constantly innovate app functionality and design
- Use and adapt existing web applications for apps
- Write unit and UI tests
- Communicate with users to understand their needs and experiences
You have the following skills:
- Demonstrable portfolio of released applications on the App store or the Android market
- Extensive knowledge of at least one programming language like Swift and Java
- Familiarity with OOP design principles
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Superior analytical skills with a good problem-solving attitude
- Ability to perform in a team environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to interpret and follow technical plans
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git)
- Knowledge of image authoring tools to perform small adjustments on images.
- Experience with cloud platforms (Azure, AWS, Google)
Desirable qualifications include:
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or equivalent engineering experience
- Strong interest in software design, user experience, user interfaces, distributed computing
- Familiarity with Distributed Ledger or Decentralized Identity platforms (Hyperledger, Ethereum, etc…)
If you want to be part of an entrepreneurial team, are passionate about the user experience, care deeply about privacy and want to be part of a fun company building solutions that leverage the latest in DID technology, we would love to talk to you!