Senior UI/UX Developer
Decentralized Identity and Verifiable Credentials represent a Paradigm Shift in how identities are managed and presented by the end user. This exciting new area will provide an opportunity for forward thinking IT Security professionals to be at the forefront of a technology which will revolutionize how identities are managed in the coming years.
At AffinitiQuest.io, our Mission is to develop leading edge software that empowers our clients to rapidly leverage the security and privacy benefits of Decentralized Identity and Verifiable Credentials to simplify business processes and encourage end-users to take control of the management and presentation of their own Identity information.
An Ottawa based, Canadian SaaS company, Affinitiquest.io is looking for a Front-End Web Developer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. You will take an active role on both design and implementation to define how the application looks as well as how it works.
The ideal candidates are seeking full-time employment opportunities with a growing and dynamic organization. They will be ambitious and career oriented.
Who you are:
- Curious about how things work and always looking for ways to make things better
- Take a collaborative approach to solving problems
- Care about the success of the team
- Your passion and enthusiasm form the underpinning of everything you do
- The need to learn and grow your skills is part of your DNA
- Not afraid to express your opinion
- Would love to work with a team who has already built three successful companies
What you will do:
- Develop new user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
You have the following skills:
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS
- Proficient understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Proficient understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git)
- knowledge of image authoring tools to perform small adjustments on images.
- Experience with cloud platforms (Azure, AWS, Google)
Desirable qualifications include:
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or equivalent engineering experience
- Strong interest in software design, user experience, user interfaces, distributed computing
- Familiarity with Distributed Ledger or Decentralized Identity platforms (Hyperledger, Ethereum, etc…)
If you want to be part of an entrepreneurial team, are passionate about the user experience, care deeply about privacy and want to be part of a fun company building solutions that leverage the latest in DID technology, we would love to talk to you!